VAKKOM MOULAVI MEMORIAL LECTURES
- Vakkom Moulavi Anusmaranam was held on 31 October 2009 at VMFT. Welcome speech was delivered by Shri. Kayamkulam Yunus & Remembering Vakkom Moulavi a speech by Dr. N. A. Karim, Memorial lecture by Shri. B. R. P. Bhaskar Vote of thanks Dr. K. Soman.
- 29-11-06 “Ever Growing Media Culture and Social Changes”. Vakkom Moulavi Memorial Lecture 2006- Delivered by Prof. G. Balamohan Thampi, Former Vice Chancellor of Kerala University. The lecture highlighted the effects of the media being owned by profit motivated corporate bodies as compared to the Newspapers like Swadeshabhimani founded by Vakkom Moulavi.
- 7-11-05 “Do Our Media Need An Institutional Control System” Vakkom Moulavi Memorial Lecture 2005 delivered by Dr. Sebastian Paul M.P. The lecture highlighted the fact externally enforced censorship of print and electronic media is highly deleterious to a democratic system. At the same time it is necessary that an internal and self imposed mechanism has to be devised for overseeing the media activities and keeping them under certain limitations appropriate for a civilized society.
- 11-10-04 “CONFLICTS IN THE KERALA SOCIETY IN THE 19th CENTURY” Vakkom Moulavi Memorial Lecture of 2004 Lecture delivered by Dr. M. G. S. Narayanan, noted historian and former Chairman, I.C.H.R. The speaker traced the origin and evolution of the renaissance movements of the period 1850-1950.
- 22-10-03 “Role of Newspapers in Kerala Renaissance” Vakkom Moulavi Memorial Lecture. Delivered by Shri. P. Govinda Pillai, the well-known writer and journalist. He compared the journalism styles during the renaissance period and now and advocated for a middle path for journalism.
- 31-10-92 “Growth Of Higher Education In The Post-Independence Period And Minorities” Vakkom Moulavi Memorial Lecture and Commemorative Meeting. Memorial Lecture by Mr. K. P. Mammootty (Director, L.B.S. Centre for science & technology, Thiruvananthapuram.). Commemorative reference by Mahakavi Sri M. P. Appan.
- 31-10-91 “Socio-Economic Backwardness Of Minorities In India” Vakkom Moulavi Memorial Lecture and Commemorative Meeting. Memorial Lecture delivered by Dr. C. A. Abdussalam (former Pro Vice Chancellor, Cochin University and Special Private Secretary to the Hon. Education Minister). Dr. N. A. Karim presided.